Simone and Manda met in college in Ottawa, ON, Canada. While Simone has moved back to her native Trinidad, Manda remains in Canada.

Together they are about to undertake the most difficult 3 months of their entire life together...only...while residing in different countries.


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Manda - Day 2 Update

Cardio X Day,

Came home from work and got straight to it. Today's workout was intense. I dont think i have ever sweat so much in my life. I pushed really hard today and am really proud of how hard i brought it. Had to take a couple "press pause and chug some water" breaks but managed to do almost all reps with the exception of the steam engines. I crashed halfway through those. Oh, and the squats when it got to the jumping at the end. Jeeeeeeeeesus. I did about five of those before i bailed. Almost made it to the end of my second set of wacky jakcs but not quite. Not proud of that but its only Day 2. I will strive to do better.

I was definately laying on the floor gasping for air at the end of the dvd. Definately did way better this time around then last week's test run.

I think my least favourite move in Cardio X is the cross, jab, hook, uppercut thingy. Not feelin that one at all. Not because its too hard i just....well, i just didnt like it. Cant explain it. Just didnt like it.


I feel the workout more in my muscles, especially in my legs and butt, directly after this workout more than i did yesterday.

Tommorrow is shoulders and arms which isnt as sweat inducing as the past two days but still a good workout. I have fond memories of this one from last week.

Got a decent amount of water and green tea into me today so i am feelin good about that.

Gonna try and get my mom to take some pics tonight even though its day 2 already. Still would be good to have for posterity.

Simone i know you brought it today! I just know it! Thank you for keeping me motivated and for being so supportive. Miss you like its my full time job.

For now i am going to go soak in a hot bathtub while vibe'in out to some alicia keys. Later i am going to catch the new episode of Lost and then probably do a half hour evening/relax/stretch yoga session (definately gonna need a good stretch out after today) before bed (maybe sqeeze another tub soak in there) and then hit the sheets. My super duper most comfortablest sheets in the world. If you happen to have a Beddingtons near you.. go and get their 100% organic cotton sheets. Sweet mother of everything holy they are delicious to my body. Cant wait.

And cant wait to hear how you did suhmoeknee. love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment